Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Goodbye to a beat (and hello to an update)



It’s been fun.  I’ve learned plenty about the creation of blogs, I’ve had moments of revelation, and I feel closer than ever to the Gaming world and its intricacies.  But, as with many things, it must come to an end so something new and better can come forwards.  I do not plan on keeping this blog running as it is; instead, I plan to shift to a more universal beat for my blogging, focusing more on Gaming news in general in hopes of furthering my journalistic skills.  The topic of eSports is a broad one, but outside of larger tournaments, I feel that the weekly games just don’t have as much of an impact on readers.  If you care enough, every Overwatch League game can be viewed on the Official Overwatch League youtube channel.  Outside of that, the wins and losses are the most important parts of these games, and are posted all over the internet post-game.  


With my new blog, I plan on focusing my sights on the transition into the new generation of gaming, highlighting all the upcoming releases from game titles to hardware, and comparing them to currently available options. Gaming is such a large part of who I am, and one of the few things that have driven my passion since my youth.  It only feels appropriate that Gaming would be my focus in terms of journalism and news in any facet, and I hope that by refocusing my blog I can better grasp the attention of my readers and leave them feeling educated and entertained by my content. 


I would like to keep eSports as a tab on my blog, as it still feels like a hyper-relevant aspect of the Gaming world, but it just doesn’t have as much hype as other parts of the community.  In particular, the upcoming release of the PS5 and Xbox Series X are what everyone seems to be focused on currently, as a new console generation marks a step forwards in technology and user interface.  Even game developers have slowed down their output in order to test out the capabilities of the new console and to make sure their games are utilizing the new technology as best as they can.  It's an exciting time to be a gamer, regardless of console choice.


Part of why I’m making this move is because I feel my blog has already shifted that direction more naturally, but also I just don’t believe there’s enough constant changes in the eSports world to be noteworthy.  Blogging is a great way to stay relevant on the highlights and big info, but doesn’t feel like the right format for play-by-play notes on a basic game from the competitive season for any game. Perhaps a subsection of a blog could be dedicated to keeping tabs on who beat who and highlights from each game, but overall it simply doesn’t change enough to be continually entertaining. 

 

My new blog will be up in the following weeks, with an updated look and a consistent update schedule.  Thanks for tuning in, and may your games end in victory!


No comments:

Post a Comment